Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hot Corn Dip


I know that I've been totally remiss in my postings...I think that I just couldn't be bothered...my food has been uninspired over the last year due to the tightening of the belt to stay within my food budget. It's a little ridiculous how much money was going into food! What can I say I absolutely LOVE food!
This post is dedicated to this wonderfully sinful dish called 'corn dip'. I can not take any credit for this creation...I saw Trisha Yearwood plugging her new Cookbook on my morning talk show and I knew instantly that i would love it!
It's by no means healthy and from what I've seen of the cookbook this is not a book I shall cook from on a daily basis, but rather for special occasions!
It's a simple recipe...canned corn, Canned chile's, mayo, Parmesan Cheese and Monterrey jack cheese. All mixed together and baked for about 45 minutes and served hot and with corn tortilla chips. OMG. It was the most amazing things I've ever tasted...and that saying something!
So thick so salty, so cheesy...so delicious! This is something that you could easily throw together for company when you're pressed for time and it will impress! Initially I thought that the corn would be overwhelming but it blended well with the other ingredients. My hubbie thought..."ewwwwww" when I told him what I was making, but after trying it he agreed that it was completely addictive.
This is definitly added to my dinner party menu!

No comments: